Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Sorting It Out.
To take a break from getting ready to move back to Denver, I've figured out what to do. Blog, do a post about it. Now that I've stopped arguing with myself about whether to stay or go, Im dealing with a long list of things, some very important, that need to be taken care of, before I leave.

If I live long enough, maybe I'll get better acquainted with me. I wonder, is it more than furniture and important papers, and belongings I need to be sorting?

If you've read even a few of my posts, you may have noticed I get too serious about most everything. That's how I was approaching not only this move, but other things about being here. Even though I like to think I'm reasonably sharp, and have some savvy, I had slipped into an either-or-attitude about making this move. If one place was a good choice, how could the other be.

Honestly! Sometimes I wish I didn't know much psychology, all those why's and how comes about human behavior, and I could just think and feel as my little heart tells me to.


Something I've come up with is, behavioral patterns I learned years and years ago, I continue now, almost automatically.

In childhood I was taken or sent to various relatives, sometimes to other families. This may have been because all of us were in the throes of trying to survive a Depression. Many times the leaving was sudden, with no time for closure about no longer being where I was. Sometimes I had to leave little friends.

I'm wondering if how I dealt with those changes is how I deal with today's. When something about a relationship hurts, and I feel helpless to change it, I just numb myself, so I don't feel anything at all. I know I have a very hard time with goodbyes.

This time of leaving, I'm choosing to see good things about it. Barb and I shared more time together these past months, than we ever have before. She got Rob to bring her to my place several times, to help straighten out a really awful mess about the computer.

Her little Chelsea, the doggie she named her blog after, makes you feel so needed when she gives you a fifteen minute hello, each and every time you visit.

I got to see Barb's little grandson while he was still a baby, and thrilled at watching him take his first steps, then walk so fast it seemed like he was running. I suppose, like the rest of us, he's trying to find his trail, too. I love listening to him try to make words.

I was tremendously honored and happy when Mandy confided in me that she would be marrying a really awesome young man.


I think I'm getting it all sorted out. Each of us needs to get on with our lives, no matter which side of the mountain we choose, but when I head back to Denver, I'm taking some precious moments along.

  posted at 5:41 PM  
  2 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: