Friday, May 16, 2008
The Foxy Saga Continues.
With all the modern advances this town has to provide for people's needs, I thought by now the problem of the critter that's digging holes outside my house would be solved.

While we don't know that it's a fox, two people say they've seen it, and are convinced it is. One thing is certain, it is very smart. Each time we found where something's been digging, the holes look the same, and so far it's dug at different sides of the house.

When we found the third mound of freshly dug earth, I knew I needed help, and called a local government office. Someone there referred me to a friend of his named Dave, at "Varmint Control" who said he would "take care of this problem". He talked very fast, and the tone of his voice kind of rubbed. I felt like I was talking to a an overeager Hit man.

I tried asking him where He'd take the fox to release it back into the wild, but he gruffly insisted "We don't need to do that." "When a varmint is on your property, all you have to do is get rid of it", He almost yelled, and then seemed more interested in telling me how much it would cost.

So I put down the phone, and looked for another number to call. Several calls later I realized something else must be done because none of the animal control companies in this whole big town deal with removing foxes.

I may not be as smart as it is, but before trusting someone as impatient as that Dave, who wouldn't listen, and didn't even tell me his last name, I'll take my chances with a wild animal. over him.

The federal wildlife office referred me to the State one, and verified laws that protect the little critter. I'm beginning to feel sorry for him.(Perhaps we need laws to protect us from the Daves of the world). The nice person on the phone suggested I soak rags with ammonia, and stuff them in the hole it dug, and every day or two, resoak the rags. I'm also to not leave food or water out. So I'm being very careful about that.

For a few days I haven't heard the critter here at all. It isn't trying to chew through my front door. So for now it is peaceful coexistence here. Except for using the ammonia to make it go away, like the wildlife person said, I'm not messing with Mother Nature. But if you come across someone like that creature who calls himself Dave, I'd be careful with him.

  posted at 1:19 PM  
  4 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: