Monday, August 28, 2006
I Got It At Ross
I knew I forgot to do something. Since last May I've dealt with two real estate closings, ended my job on the other side of the mountain, and started a new one here. Found a place to live, moved, and am finding my way around this town. I did do some shopping, but it was for furniture and a computer. Serious stuff.

The other day I was feeling out of sorts, and didn't understand why, but a trip to a shopping area clarified it.

It started with an Old Navy gift card. I had noticed how "Chelsea Morning" Barb looks great in casuals from there, and "In A Moment" Mandy looks her professional self even in their PJ's. Other grand daughter, "Missing Marbles" Krissy, always looks great. With her terrific looks, she's a knockout in anything. That left me and my outdated body coverings in need of a modern upgrade, a serious, or maybe an unserious shopping trip.

With gift card in hand and a few extra bucks I found the Old Navy store, parked the car, and headed straight toward it, then realized I might be in trouble. To get to Old Navy I had to walk right past a huge place, ROSS.

Two hours later I carried three Ross bags of new clothing, including some very pretty summer sandals back to the car, and then went directly on to Old Navy.

Shopping at Ross is pretty fundamental. Find the right sizes, pay for the merchandise and leave. But it isn't that simple at Old Navy.

Usually I'm not self conscious about being older, but most of what Old Navy sells doesn't seem especially designed for grandmas. Little tags on many items kept referring to low riders, or something like that.

I began to wonder if I had walked onto the wrong sales floor. I noticed an old looking pickup truck near the front entrance, but thought it was there to give the store a rustic touch.

In the dresing room if I let pants hang below my waistline, too much skin showed, and the pants became too long for my short legs. If I gave the waist band an extra upturn, that looked weird too. I found two pair that would do, if I got shirt tails long enough to cover what the pants didn't.

Young store clerks tried to appear sympathetic, but I'm not sure they understood, and I am not getting tatoos put on my body to fill in the uncovered places. But it was ever so fun, tossing seriousness away for a little while, and carrying my Old Navy Bag of low rider items out of the store, right along with all the younger shoppers.

  posted at 3:25 PM  
  6 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: