Tuesday, August 29, 2006
The Rush, The Pause, The Memory
If I could explain somewhat, I work a crazy schedule, sometimes many hours, then off more than a few days. This isn't a bad thing. I'm sure you moms with little ones would love having breaks like that.

I'm off a few days now, and can't stand not sending posts your way. So here are more.

These three writing efforts go back to the Seventies.

Agreement......

We had an understanding
And made it all quite clear,

So each of us knew how it was
Right from the very start;

We might have been so light, so gay,
So free of acrimony

But I, I gave my heart away
And yours turned out so stony.



Solitude......


He called today, to thank me for last night,
Politeness in a new tradition;

Lightly I kept it, the way that we talked,
Not giving or taking remission;

For a hungry lover's evening,
The wine, the warmth was good,

Better than I expected
From a one night meditation
Of two lonely souls;

"Thank you", I said,
"It's nice you called"
And wondered

Will I ever see you again,
Or the solitude
That brought us together
Keep us at distances now?



The Waltz

Soft music sings within my soul
Old lyrics' fantasy,
As orchestras with saxaphones
Pied pipe their songs to me,

"Come dance", the gleaming brass calls out,
"in taffeta and lace",
"Recall the flowing swirling gowns",
"And friendly Frenchman's face",

"Remember flesh that warmed to mine
In hours before the dawn",
"Such love, such lust, such ecstasy"
Until the music paused;

Before the last waltz guided me
To corners where I cried,
And held my own sweet fantasy
Reality denied;

Without the glitter ballrooms fade
But memories dance on,
And I, I choose to not erase
The music I have known.

  posted at 6:15 PM  
  2 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: