Friday, July 13, 2007
Places to go, People to see, and Promises Kept.
When I wake up in the morning, all rested and nice, between my crisp. clean sheets, I will feel good, and even proud, because I kept a promise I made to myself.

For days I've wondered if the phone would ring about a job I'm hoping to get, and so far it hasn't. Of course I've done my self-defeating and insecure dance about it, and drummed up every reason I could imagine why they wouldn't hire me. The work would be in psychology, which I'm very strong in, but like it's written in the Bible about not trying to be our own doctors, I suppose I shouldn't analyze me either.

I've been reading about how to interview better, and have come up with what I'm hoping helps my chances. My resume' will tell them about what I've learned, in school and in life. But I'm thinking those who appraise me may be more interested in how they think I'll use all that knowlege. So here's my correction plan.

I am improving the package I'll be showing up in. For days I've been practicing out loud some bolstering self talk. Not the kind my new patients may chant again and again. Positive affirmations, like: "Lady,You can sure do this." "You'd be so right for the job." and "They will be eternally glad they chose you to work with".

But in case I break into a nervous old sweat, and alltogether flub my lines, as in totally screwing them up, on the chance I'd let that sabotage this opportunity, I promised myself before this night was over, I would color my hair, and paint my little toenails.

If I get the chance to try out for this work I so want to do, I will come armed, or at least adorned in an overnight hair color change, and my nails, the ones encased in my four dollar thrift store Eurostep leather sandals, will shine, as they silently proclaim they're now Sally Hanson's Oasis Dawn shade.

The fact that the shoes are hand-me-downs won't bother me at all. A careful cleaning, then spraying with New! Clean fresh fragrance Lysol disinfectant took care of that. And the Sally Hanson polish costing only $1.49 won't detract from its stylish statement. The words Miss Hanson named it give me some hope about the job. "Oasis, a fertile place in a desert, and Dawn, the beginning of something".

Until tonight I hadn't polished my toe nails in years, and they do look very, very! And now that I've improved how even my tootsies look, I may do it again. But if using these morale boosters doesn't create enough confidence, maybe my wearing new lacy undies will. I think you'll agree with most of this story, except possibly my talking about suggestive looking underwear. But there really is a more important factor to be pointed out here.

Getting the position would prop up my little ego, and put more money in the bank account, but as important as all that might seem, something else is moreso. God and His Son have looked after me a very long time, and always done a better job of it than I usually do, no matter how hard I tried to.

I don't intend sounding sacrilegious about it, but He did create the whole wide world, even the pretty nail polish, and those very expensive and wonderful feeling Eurostep sandals He left for me at the thrift store, for less than a five dollar bill.

So I'll do what I can to present myself for the job as well as I can, and leave the outcome to Him. But if some days my faith needs a little propping, I'll just look down at my toes, and see Sally's polish, and those Eurostep sandals smiling up at me.

I used to hesitate to petition God for small, human things, but as he's told us to, I'm getting bolder about this. To borrow a phrase from the Corporate World slang, my Savior's the ultimate Resource Person for humans. He's really into managing people.

And I seriously vow that I didn't make this next thing up. As I sit here correcting errors, and trying to improve this post, the telephone just rang. It was the Human Resource Dept. of where I'm trying to go to work, the person I wrote about months ago, in "A Bridge Suspended," the most helpful human resource person I've ever met, except for God.

She called to make sure I stay in touch, as the hiring process proceeds. I don't think any of this will interrupt my sleep, no matter how long it takes. God's in His Heaven, and He keeps his Promises.

  posted at 2:18 AM  
  12 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: