Saturday, November 17, 2007
Been away too long.
My last post was about spending time with Barb, (at A Chelsea Morning). And now we're approaching holidays families so need. If you can ignore the commercial side of them, and think about it, affirming our Savior's birth, and offering thanksgiving (especially for living in America) should be high priority for all of us.

But back to why I've been gone so long. I realize I've started posts like this before, but thinking about what's going on with family puts life in some kind of sensible order. Barb is busy, I'm sure, and if you don't believe it, go over to A Chelsea Morning, and see all the new Christmas things she's made. I keep telling her she might consider a year 'round Christmas store, but she just loves giving a part of herself, in those decorations she turns out so well year after year.

While Barb's in holiday mode, especially Christmas, younger sister Bev, at "Scratchin' the Surface" is enjoying a break from her house, and celebrating
a family Thanks Giving; taking a much needed rest.

Not so far away, grand daughter, Sara, at "In The Midst of it" continues to amaze me with how well she cares for her own little ones. And another grand daughter at "And Baby Makes Three" captured a moment I'm sure she'll keep forever, her son's first steps. While that's all going on, Grand Ma here won't be outdone about family business.

This is so easy, because my life's never been only usual. This time last year I was packing my life belongings, and gearing up to return to this beloved town. I've heard that God takes care of drunks and little children, but I also suspect He looks out for risk taking Grand Ma's. Who would ever plan to travel hundreds of miles in mountain country, in December, knowing how dangerous that could be. But I did, because I needed to be here for a son's uncertain surgery.

That was almost a year ago, and today he's doing well. A significant plus of the surgery was because of the possibility of Cancer. That loomed heavily, so heavily that the night before surgery, he gave his last pack of smokes away, and hasn't picked them back up. The fact that the labs came back "no Cancer", I am still so thankful for.

He is the son so busy now, painting and doing repairs to a little house I bought. If I knew how to include pictures, I would show it to you. But we are getting lots of "before' shots", and will have many "after" ones. This reminds me that I need to choose new resolutions for the year that's coming. Learning more computer stuff will probably top the list.

The house is in a quiet area, except when nearby school bells ring. I think I will love being near young families again. Yesterday while there I saw a grownup taking a little boy home from school. Riding on his Dad's Harley, the kid was mesmerized. I'm not sure who was having more fun.

I've met a few neighbors, and they seem friendly, especially one little guy who I think will know an interesting life. He's the unusual kind who makes life happen, instead of just letting it happen to him.

As my son keeps fixing up the house, it's looking better and better. I never thought choosing new carpet could be so exciting, but it's the next thing on the list, and I am, I am!

Soon, I hope to write about other 2007 things, but for now must hurry off to work again.

I hope all of you enjoy a precious time with your family, as you share your turkey and dressing again. I enjoy so much being in this family called Blogging.

  posted at 12:23 PM  
  7 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: