Wednesday, July 09, 2008
A Long Time Coming
Something I can see, feel or caress, a metamorphosis of sort, is changing before my eyes. Thinking only that I needed new daily routines, to get me through the monotony of these crutch wearing days, I decided reading daily Bible verses would be a good thing, and chose the beginning of the new Testament, almost a Bible in itself, the book of Matthew.

I read all of it as an overview, but am reading it again, to not miss anything. Some mornings, instead of taking time to read, I veer away from it, to see how well I can walk outside to get the paper, or I'm eager to know if there's emails. Some days I do better with selfcontrol and priorities. Other times I just blow it. But when I listen to Matthew's ancient words again, I remember what's important.

Another routine I'm forming is reading a book filled with pointers that would help most any writer and, like with the book of Matthew, I'll read this one again.

Then there's this book I got brave enough to begin writing It is the story not only of my life, for that could hardly make Barnes and Noble's reading list. When I first thought about the book, I knew it should be about every woman's story of its time, clawing their way through life as I did.

There is something about the use of a freedom you're not much acquainted with. When my children needed me and my time more, I thought writing as long as I wanted would be almost Paradise. Now, with full days wholly mine, I stare at a blank computer screen, or a writing pad, and squeeze my pen, but my thoughts are safe in their secret places. I'll day dream a while, remembering what came after what, and search for something to work with. Other times I do not want to remember. But I can't tell only part of it. When I started this book I wasn't thinking about psychoanalization. Could it be before we can understand others, we need to know ourselves. I think this book will be a very long one.

  posted at 12:30 AM  
  8 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: