Wednesday, July 02, 2008
The Sounds of Angels' Wings
For someone getting around on crutches, it sure feels like I'm busy, and I am. On the fourth I'll begin another year of living, that requires some celebrating my children are taking care of. The steaks are so marinated, and the other stuff is here. They keep bringing more, but what I'd like most hasn't shown yet. If I could have only one special something to celebrate this day, it would be a melon, a sweet one, grown only as the state of Texas can. Don't bother about a cake for me. Bring me an ice cold melon, a fork, and a bib.


I am somewhat weary of how my days are now. Always there are books, and I love this extra computer time taking my mind off this knee. I so relate to how knee problems are to Linds, at "Rocking Chair Reflections" and her imposed days and days on the couch. Times like this can be a brave thing, in itself I also noticed what to me was courageous of "Call Me Grand Ma Dawn. When she wrote of planting trees at their new home, I knew I'll never think of wading boots the same. When you read her post about their home being built, you will understand. If I had to fight a war, I swear Lins and Grand Ma Dawn, would be my first recruits. I can easily imagine their arms in the air, and their determined faces.


When I was a wife with six kids, and hadn't gone to high school, much less graduated, I got books from my elementary age children's school, and bought a set of encyclopedias, as much for me, as for them .Something that turned the direction of my life seemed a small thing then. Seeing a book club introductory offer for one thin dime, I got five different books. One of them a two volume set of high school subjects, self taught. My husband wasn't in favor of me ordering the books. Afraid I'd order too many I suppose. But talk about a man doing what a man's gotta do, this woman was gonna have those books.

The encyclopedia had spelling and learning word groups, from first grade through highschool. I made sure my children learned theirs They were not happy about having two spelling tests each week, one at school, and one from me, but they did them, while I devoured every word I could.

I tell you these things not to brag, but to remind me I've done hard things. I am so burned out in my work. I don't want to do it anymore. I've not been afraid of change or new things, and beginning my next year seems a good time to find if I still can. When God made His angels to help us now or then, so we don't have to depend on chance, or the weather, He also made the wind for their wings.

  posted at 12:11 PM  
  5 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: