Thursday, October 19, 2006
Thursday Thirteen--- things you may not know about me
Daughter, Barb, at A Chelsea Morning, began her "Thursday Thirteen " today by telling her age.


#1. I don't mention my age much, because it's kind of personal. Our country is much too obsessed with youth and beauty and speed, which leaves me somewhat behind. I'm the lady ahead of you at the check out stand, ever so slowly digging in my purse for check book and pen.

Wrinkles and "jello" upper arms, calendar dates, and occasional senior moments will not define me.

#2. According to family history there's a royal bloodline, French, no less. Information about it arrived one day, along with a utility cut off notice.

#3. I'm easy going, and quickly adjust to changing priorities, but I take life much too seriously. One of my new years resolutions for 2006 was to lighten up, and have more fun. But that's the problem. Fun should not be work.

#4. Daughter, Barb, at A Chelsea Morning, said she would live on veggies, that it wouldn't bother her if she never ate meat again. I grew up just so glad we had food. We didn't know we had choices. One Grand Ma's purple hull peas and cornbread was an everyday feast. At Christmas, her syrup cake made the day special.

There's hardly any food I don't like. When I chomp into a very juicy pink medium rare prime cut of beef, unlike my daughter, I do not think of cow's eyes. I think "bring on the right kind of baked potato with all the toppings, and a salad to die for, to go with the steak".

#5. Life's much too complicated now. I'm sure we'll never go back to a more simple way. The computer, and learning about DNA and RNA revolutinized medical care and crime solving.

#6. Did you ever cheat on a test? I did, one time only, I copied the class room
brains's answer, and he was wrong.


#7 Instead of telling you about the worst job I ever had (it really was very dull and boring, but paid twice as much as nursing). One day I couldn't stand the repetitive assembly lineness of it any longer, and went back to nursing. That was the best decision I've ever made.

I've never looked back, and don't regret it. I am truly blessed that I could be a part of so many patients lives. How do you put a dollar value on that.

#7. Life isn't all seriousness, even though I tend to make it so.
When I was about 14 years old I somehow ended up in Minnesota, and for a short while worked in a shoe factory. I think they're still making work boots there, Red Wing work boots.

#8. Would I change anything about my life? Although how I lived might seem hard to others, and it was, I wouldn't change a thing. I read something somewhere sometime, about being strong in the broken places.

#9. I couldn't understand it then, but do now. The challenges, especially the ones I thought I couldn't overcome, made me stronger. and more able to deal with today.

#10. I don't mean to brag, but I've driven through several Colorado blizzards, and spent a few nights on nursing home couches.

#11. Once in Englewood I fought off a would be attacker, and won.

#12. Id still rather not tell you my age, for it doesn't reflect the real me.

#13 I haven't broken laws, but am not real big on society's fancy rules. Like my pen name's namesake, Molly Brown, I am quite happy to still be afloat.

  posted at 7:20 PM  
  5 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: