Wednesday, September 06, 2006
When Leaves Fall Again
Last week before I did another three in a row work shifts, I was so proud. Had written something if only for practice, every day.
Then my body insisted on resting and sleeping, (a little like daughter Bev and family needed after Landon was born).

I felt I lost whatever keeps a writer writing, but that was faulty logic. Logic I should not conclude while too tired to think clearly.

I think I should rest when I need to, and when I get some days off, write, if I want to, nonstop.


That's what I did last night when I shared how my son died. Until daughter, Barb mentioned it I hadn't remembered this is the time of year he loved most. Fishing was great, but hunting is what he longed for. While I wanted to see leaves fall, he longed to drop a big deer, or a bigger elk.

I never thought of this before, but his idea of what was beautiful, in the streams and the woods, and the mountains, and life, was just as important to him as what I hope to see when leaves fall again.

  posted at 10:16 PM  
  2 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: