Thursday, August 31, 2006
Hurry Autumn!
To find a writing topic this morning, I didn't have to look far. I saw it outside when I opened the patio door. Up here from the third floor I see stretches of trees and roads on a flat top mountain, the Grand Mesa.


I'm too far away to see its hundreds of lakes. I pour another cup of coffee and look out the window again.

Closer than the Mesa, a gentle breeze ruffles leaves clinging to a grove of Aspens. Their white trunks remind me of leathery skin. The least air movement makes them tremble. Soon they will drape themselves in beauty and pour out their last breaths of life. I shudder a little too, not eager for winter winds, but ready for Autumn.

  posted at 10:32 AM  
  3 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: