Tuesday, September 12, 2006
URL Be Surprised!
I don't know if I can figure out how to post here, and get it to connect with daughter Barb's "How I Met My Honey" site, but will try, and even if I don't do this correctly, at least I now know what URL means.

For more than a week, I and all the other nurses at work have been learning a crash course about computers. If you'll pardon the pun, what crashed the most were the lap tops we were using.

So far I've learned enough to enter patient information into the system, record pain levels, enter new orders, and discontinue others. We're learning how to record skin care, not just rubbing lotion on arms and legs, but treating open skin wounds, what's commonly called bed sores.

There are little one letter codes for all sorts of things; blood sugar levels, fluid intake, amount of insulin given, lots of stuff like that.

Old habits die hard, especially twenty five year old habits. When I was exasperated because I couldn't get the computer to do what I needed it to, I sometimes physically reached for where the old med book or other patient information used to be, but was quickly reminded all the information is mostly in the computer now.

Getting really good at this new system will take practice, and time. Some say it takes about three weeks to form a new habit. If that's so, I have about a week and a half to go before I start to be good at it.

So please pray for me, and all the other nurses. While we're spending much time at the laptops (that still occasionally crash) there are patients to take care of.

  posted at 6:09 PM  
  2 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: