Monday, December 11, 2006
This Grand Valley, and beyond.
For a few days I've been wanting to write this, though I'm still not sure how to start. It's Christmas time. I feel like I should be doing more of the things the holiday requires, but I'm not doing many of them, not this year.

The main celebration will be at Barb's, that beautiful lady, my daughter, at "A Chelsea Morning". Even if she didn't have children and a grand child to celebrate with, it still should be done at her house. Anyone who loves every Christmas detail as much as she does, should celebrate royally, and we will.

It's not that I'm not into the Christmas spirit. Chances are Barb got much of her love of it from me. But while the count down continues til December 25, another drummer boy calls out.

Soon, very soon I'll be leaving this valley, over the mountains to the northwest's Big D. Always, always I will remember what it's like to live here, but must go where work is better.

Still, today I felt a little out of whatever's expected at Christmas, so I did what shoppers do. Went to the mall, and people watched. It's great for loneliness. A young man checked out Bridal rings, maybe surprised at the cost. When I walked away, so as not to stare, he was still there, smiling.

I hadn't eaten, so headed to Burger King. Placed my order and got it, and found somewhere to sit. Across from me two men who looked like father and son, had a chess set out, and were playing. I couldn't tell who won. I just so loved that they took the time for each other, and wish that more of us did.

A few weeks from now I'll be back in Denver. There are good things about it, too, but I will always remember this valley, and the people here.

  posted at 9:35 PM  
  1 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: