Sunday, December 16, 2007
On the tenth day of Christmas....
With only ten days to Christmas, perhaps much like many of you, I am in a dilemma. Can't decide if getting ready for remembering Jesus' birth, or moving into the house, is tying my hands. Signs of both abound in this little apartment, and I'd better unscramble it soon. So this ninety nine percent right brain creature who shuns organization as much as possible, must call upon the creative part of me to deal with it.

If the Lord's willing, on my day off tomorrow I will decide on gifts for family here, and hope that my promise of something better for those farther away lets them know I care.

Then the getting ready to move will begin. All the clothes I own will be heaped on a bed, and nothing that doesn't fit will move into the house. Same thing with much of the kitchen. I won't thow away my seldom used food processer, or electric mixer, just because I haven't taken them off the shelf all year.

But those Great Depression little plastic containers I am going to use "someday" may end up on a landfill. I am not moving them into my freshly repainted and repaired little house. Some thrift stores in the area will be so happy to get my donations, and the recycling of them can begin all over again.

I so wanted to celebrate this Christmas with a beautiful tree, and the smell of pumpkin pies rising from the kitchen, and the ones I so love coming through the garland streamed door, but I may have to settle for their simply being there moving me for what I hope will be the last time. Daughters Barb and Bev are so right. The very best gifts don't come in ribboned boxes.

But on second thought, perhaps I should sort through those nice little plastic containers one more time.

  posted at 12:37 PM  
  8 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: