Saturday, October 18, 2008
A Corner of the World
To keep in touch, hello again everybody. the critter that was hanging around before is back. Tell tell signs it leaves are clear. Some neighbors think it's a fox. One is sure it's skunk. If I could choose, I'd go with the fox. I hurried to a store, and got a new supply of ammonia. That's what the wildlife department wants used to deter the poor little thing. As much as I don't like knowing one's so close around, still, it is sad that it has to try so hard to make a den in this people oriented place it is stuck in.

I have never been as much a part of an election, but I am with this one. I have some time between jobs, so can help more. Filled out my mail in ballot, and took it to the post office where a clerk was more than helpful about the correct amount of postage needed. He mentioned they are getting big numbers of the ballots, at least fifty or more daily. and that's only one post office branch.

I helped with making calls at a different place today. Worked with a group of young Americans I am so proud of. They're not old and slower like I'm getting to be. I could feel their determination, their youthful energy. I loved watching their mapping out what to do when. It was encouraging, how organized they approached everything. I suppose in the military we would see this too, only amplitied many times over. We should recognize the dedication these young men and women so readily give to choose a leader for us all. It makes up many times over for the voter apathy or just plain indifference by some. Thank God above a few determined souls cared enough, and were willing to risk everything they had to put our America on the map of the world.

Other good news: I got a nursing job that's only three miles away, Will be working with Alzheimer people, and those with other kinds of dementia. Will start with it this coming week. Now, if I could just relocate that wild little animal that keeps trying to dig under my house, I'd think the economy and everything else that's falling apart in our country was so much better. Thinking of the animal trying so hard to carve out a place to be, reminds me that I've decided this cozy little room, my computer office, is where I'll be sleeping til warmer weather. Wherever you are, I hope you are snug and warm, and look forward to a better tomorrow.

  posted at 10:56 PM  
  9 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: