Monday, August 18, 2008
Life Moving On.
The last time I was here much of it was about going on a job interview. I still don't know if the assisted living place may offer it to me, but either way is alright. I've decided to not work there.

It is a beautiful place for the elderly to live in and enjoy, but not the kind of work I'm looking for. Most of the time I'd be doing huge amounts of paper work, and have very little interaction with the residents. There are also concerns about breaching guidelines for knowing residents' whereabouts, and handling medications, especially narcotics. I don't see the job interview as a waste of time. I think it's good to learn various kinds of caregiver places, and it's another study in being interviewed. I learned things in this one that could help in others. So I'll keep working where I am for now, and not worry about where I may be later, for there are other things to be doing.

Some of you ask how the book I'm writing is coming along, and I'm happy to tell you this morning I wrote chapter 14. Woman doesn't live only to work at home or in the village meeting place. It helps to have something else you so love doing, so we don't give the drudgery of making a living more importance than we should.

Other news to share, if you haven't already, click on "A Chelsea Morning" to see daughter, Barb smiling out at you on her birthday. Chances are you may also see her two so loved grand children, and of course, the name sake of her blog, the poor little doggy who got febrezed, but survived it. Another daughter you all know, Bev, at "Scratchin' The Surface" is back home after a marathon to choose their next home. When she has time to exhale, we will probably see pictures of it, with plans for turning it into a home.

Nothing outstanding going on here. It's nice not having broken car door handles. But two or three days of heavy rain made new leaks in the sun room. I consider myself greatly blessed that a son lives nearby, and has already got the supplies to fix them.

No complaints, life is good. It is time to put on my scrubs, and go see how the patients at the nursing home are doing. Hope your day is going as well as mine.

  posted at 11:18 AM  
  2 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: