Monday, July 28, 2008
Still Working On That Schedule, and other assorted things.
If you've read my last few posts, you know I got a care package together for a grandson who needs some encouragement. It's all wrapped and ready to mail, and while I'm at the Post Office will send off budget stuff. I can't hardly believe I'm getting put together. Remember, I'm one of those who dodges anything resembling paper work, or serious signs of efficiency. I have family and friends who enjoy working with spread sheets, but that definitely is not me. I only have a vague idea of what a spreadsheet is, or does, and if I can swing it, may never learn.

In my nursing I manage the insane paper work, only by intense determination. I realize much of the world thrives on double entry bookkeeping, and somebody must keep the records straight, but I pray it's not me. I much prefer writing a silly or sensitive poem, or a story of some kind, or, Please God, let me write a page turner book.

That is why I am so happy with what I did today. Had reached a point in my literary endeavor where I smacked right into writer's block. I knew what it's about. I didn't want to relive some really painful history, but it's part of the story, a very important part. I dodged it all week, and then I sat down today, and willed myself to hang with it till it's on paper. I froze a few times. I cried angry and hurtful tears, but I got it all out. Two long chapters of it.

I did other things today, watered thirsty grass, and did more straightening of this study. Now that I'm into making some order of this, it's beginning to feel good, knowing where to find certain things. I didn't resort to sharpening pencils, I mean a girl can only tolerate so much orderliness.

In looking for appropriate books to send the grandson, I saw again some I've started, but not stayed with. One I am really getting into again is Max Lucado's "Next Door Savior. I so relate to the humaneness he gives to biblical characters. After all, we are in this universe together, and timeless guidelines for getting through it are intended for us all. As I work on this book, there will be other parts of it hard to live again. Please pray for me that I don't let fear of remembering get in the way of writing it.

  posted at 12:20 AM  
  6 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: