Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Man Plans, God looks Down, And Rearranges.
A while back to get more done, I began forming a more structured daily routine. Not being someone who almost couldn't breathe unless everything is organized precisely and exact, my doing even simple things with enforced sameness took real determination. I mean, if I were an important executive, a plaque on my desk would read: "A neat desk is a sign of a sick mind".

I don't think this approach to life is genetic. Mine is more of a maverick thing. The idea of exact sameness about doing so many routine things sounds boring. I love greeting random days like they'll never come again. I adore keeping my calendar as unfilled as possible. Dealing with the knee injury, and then another trip to ER, proved that daily routines can be interrupted, but the very next day, God gives you a brand new morning.

I was glad, though, that I clung to my new routine on this day, Otherwise I wouldn't have read the last two chaptures of Matthew, and took time to reflect on how they should guide me, nor had time for a quick shower before heading to the doctor's appointment. I bogged down a little after it, and made the huge mistake of not eating before going to the grocery store.

We were to do a cookout later, which excited me. This day being so special, with the doctor finding everything o.k, I wanted to celebrate. I chose very good things to go with the cookout. I'm a Maverik, remember. Who says you can't have cantaloupe and Washington State cherries, along with mounds of veggies, olives, and peppers at cookouts. The son who was the volunteer cook for it, is leaving soon to work out of state, where his trade is more needed, and pays more, and I just thought it would be a nice thing to do, to surprise him at the cookout with his most favorite dessert, a cheesecake, a really scrumptious cheesecake.

I got a nice one for him. But we got sweet relief from this hot July. It rained, and said son needed a break, after getting things done before leaving town, and suggested that I go with him for a dinner Black Eye'd Pea cooks very well. Now my fridge is more than full of those great cookout things, and I'm just as packed with BEP's fried okra. All I posibly could eat to go with it would be cornbread, a slice of onion, and a pot of black eye peas, or some beans. Since I'll be back at work soon, there's healthy foods for lunches.

I'm not surprised I didn't work on the book today, but had a great visit with a son. As long as God arranges it, there'll be days to work on the book. But in case I need more material to write on, I hope He sends me days not all krinkled up from being squashed between the pages of a Day Timer, or lost in a too long list of things to do. It isn't just that we need to pick a few daisys, or stop and hear a bird sing. We need to find ourselves, and what we're suppose to be doing, and if we do, that will honor our Lord the very best way.

  posted at 11:18 PM  
  7 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: