Friday, August 15, 2008
Miscellaneous Prayers and Thanks.
I owe much of what's happening to "Rocking Chair Reflections" Linds. When I went on and on recently about how to change my work situation, Linds said this: "God has plans. But like Moses, we need to step into the water before He parts it".

I struggled with the discomfort of making big changes; leaving some things, while reaching for others, and decided Linds is right.

I don't know how good a swimmer Moses may have been. I barely qualified as a dog paddler. I embarrassed my whole family once by chickening out on the town's high school high dive, and crawled back down the pool ladder. But I'm here to tell you I am ready to try again. A few days ago I spent hours filling out job aplications, and took two of them to local nursing places. Today one of them called, wanting me to come talk with them. I think there's a chance I may get the job. So thank you for your caring and your prayers.

Considering my hesitating to "take the plunge", I wonder why some of us sometime put up with the familiar, when we know how bad it is, instead of dealing with having to make changes. I think important things are sometimes mislabeled. What can possibly be comfortable about that mysterious comfort zone, that leaves you hanging; kind of like when I was on the high dive.

  posted at 10:48 PM  
  4 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: