Saturday, February 28, 2009
A Brandnew Motto, A Brandnew Day.
So much is happening here, I hardly know where to begin, to tell you about it. It should have some kind of title, a motto. What comes to mind is: "If I can't beat 'em, join 'em."

The knee surgery that was suppose to be so simple intensified when an ugly infection interferred with the healing. and that delayed the physical therapy, but we're doing well with PT. The therapist is such a neat person, and excellent in leading me through it. While going to the therapy place I've met some nice people. One I'm sure God put in my path to keep me focused in the right way, is Alice, the receptionist there.

A tiny cone like thing, such as you see warning you floors may be wet, sets at Alice's work area. Its bright letters caution: "Entering chaos section". If you have time to talk with someone you can learn a lot about them. I was telling Alice how my knee replacements set off metal detector alarms, and she replied, "I know what you mean. The metal parts the surgeon put in my heart does that, too". Like I said, I am sure God arranged for me to meet Alice.

I was on high level after doing my first PT session, and the grocery store isn't far away, so I tried using my wobbly legs there, and later regretted it. But it was nice getting out of the house, and not thinking about critters for a while. Before I got home I stopped at the bank, too, and that was more than enough for my first outing.

I am taking my homework exercises seriously, and can tell they are helping. But it does sometimes feel like I have a boring schedule. Is that why these uninvited animals chose this time to try to move into my house? There's been several sleepless nights, shortened by their noises. My bedroom looks more like a war zone, than an inviting place to get over surgery.

I have to work at not feeling down, and decided the best medicine would be an overdue hair cut. I don't know why it's hard to get a beautician to hear you tell them how you want it cut, but it's a problem. I decided if I'm not getting a good cut anyway, might as well take my chances with someone new.

After I did another round of physical therapy, I went to a new shop. I was a real mess, hurting some, not really feeling up to going, and this lady had time to do the cut. Before we started I asked the price, and if they took credit cards, but they didn't, and I was about to just go home and forget it. But she was nice. Almost led me by the hand to a work station, and when I didn't have check or cash, said I could pay her later. She did a really good job, and remembered tiny details, like getting rid of hair on your neck.

She has a cute little sign at her work area, that says: "I'm a beautician, not a magician". Immediately we connected well. The next day before I drove over to pay her, I got her some real roses, not a big arrangement, but enough to let her know I appreciated the haircut without an appointment. It felt good to suprise her, for a little while to not think about smelly critters.

We caught a large skunk, but I'm sure there's more because the odor is so bad. Another trap is set, and we keep hoping. My son will be doing work around the edges of the house. Nights here would be comical if the problem didn't go on so.

When I go to bed, I don't know if I'll get enough sleep, or be waked several times. I leave lights on, hoping they prefer darkness. Near my bed are various things I can use to make noise, if they get very loud. The one time I played Springsteen for them did not help. I think it only upset them, and upset skunks are not fun to have around. Some nights, feeling tired, I just get deeper under the covers, and though it feels a little silly, I ask God to help me get some sleep.

Last night, while one or more of them was sprinting around, I had to do something to keep me on an even keel, so I sat up in bed, and read the things I usually start my day with. I did not do physical therapy exercises while those awful creatures were ruining my sleep. Even nice ladies like me, do have limits, and I hope to have better news about this soon.

  posted at 5:17 PM  
  5 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: