Thursday, February 05, 2009
A Healing Time
To you who may be reading this, please stop a minute. Smile, and understand that reports on my condition are about to end, except I must share one sweet thought: In about ten days I can drive again!

I'm not going to bore you with medical details. Whatever needs to heal is going well. As a matter of fact, I am so impressed with my older physicion, if we were not so old, I could go for him. But I would be terribly surprised if some fine lady hasn't already done that.

Today as I was frustrated with trying to heat soothing warm packs in the microwave, and keep them warm a while, it occurred to me that millions of people, all over the world, might think life was just fine, if that were the only problem they had.

When I began writing this, I considered calling it: "Letting us eat cake", that famous comment an uncaring queen spouted long ago, when she was informed the people had no food. But in keeping with at least trying to hang on to being positive, I decided on "A Healing Time", for I believe our country needs more surgery than I did.

Our politions are suppose to know what their jobs are, what they need to do. But it wouldn't hurt to tell them how we stand on lots of things about this disaster our country, and other parts of the world are reeling from. I say "we", for in this we don't stand alone. Years ago older relatives had sayings to explain almost everything. One that I've carried around for years is: "Are you helping out or are you part of the problem?"

Even small things, like sharing rides to grocery stores, can cut gas bills. If you go to church, there are probably tasks there, those who do them would appreciate some help with. Think about your own skills. Do you know how to do house upkeep and repairs? Maybe you once worked in beauty shops, whatever your skills are, and what if you traded doing some of these, instead of spending money for them.

Helping older people you live near, might be more appreciated than you would think. I read in the news in our town, that a group formed, without need for extensive paperwork or required meetings. Their sole purpose is to shovel snow for neighbors who need some help with it, or use a snow blower.

Those are just a few ideas on how we can help our fellow man (or woman), and in the process, perhaps revive again caring as much for them, as we do ourselves.

In this process of getting my knee to heal, we have excellent medical staff, especially that doctor I mentioned, and a hospital that's considered one of the best one hundred of them in America. I appreciate everyone who took great care of me there. But that's not the only kind of "medicine" we need.

People and situations that grabbed my heart were family who showed in lots of ways, how important I am to them, and that I get well. Some were big surprises, like the daughter inlaw, who works full time, and cares for her own Mom, but knocked on my door with inexpensive, but real flowers, that are still very nice. She also brought along a great grandson, who promptly stole the show from all of them, without saying a word.

Maybe it's a little selfish, my looking that little guy over, for signs of blood lines. A far away grand daughter sent a pretty card with a note so fresh and original, she might consider writing them for places like Hallmark. Her return address included a tiny picture of another great grandson.

Another daughter does that, sends it on cards and things. Every time you visit her blog, you will see the picture of Barb, at "A Chelsea Morning", holding her grandson. It was made at another granddaughter's wedding. This generation thing is moving too quickly.

It may be a quiet email, but it's one I know the writer had to be just about completely worn out, but took the time anyway, to make my otherwise hurting day smile at me. It's kind of nice when you have several children, and you use words like hospital and surgery. They soon start surfacing! and with surprises!

One sent thoughtful things, and while in Washington D.C. found another about the election. It is now tucked away for a keepsake, Maybe one of my great grandchildren may get old enough to appreciate that I left things like that to be passed on in this great bunch of people we call Family.

Right up there with caring for them, if we don't yet have it, we need to develop love and respect for our country, Old Glory belongs to each of us. She has weathered many kinds of storms, but still stands tall among the world, and is not lessened when we help those in more need than we. God Bless America! Take a deep breath, and see what we can do, to get her through this one.

  posted at 10:21 PM  
  3 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: