Sunday, February 15, 2009
Love.... Like A Warm Fuzzy Blanket.
Only a few posts back I said I'd stop blogging about this knee, and the surgery it caused. But I'm stuck here. Don't know how to get beyond it, without sharing it with you.

When I knew there'd be surgery, the first thing I did was count the days until I could drive again. Marked it on my monthly planner. This Monday would be three weeks, plenty long enough to be in good shape for using wheels again. But I won't be driving myself anywhere soon. My faithful son will be taking me back and forth to the doctor.

After surgery everything was going well. Anything around the house I couldn't handle, I ignored. Family and friends visited, called, surprised me with flowers and other thoughtful things, The visiting nurse and physical therapist were here so much, sometimes I just wanted them to go away.

Everything seemed good, everything except that old surgical enemy called Infection. Signs crept in. Redness and edema (swelling), and overly warm and shiny skin. The doctor and I agreed. A blazing case of cellulitis, that antibiotics are making better, but is not yet healed.

The doctor said warm, damp pads would give some relief, so I began wetting cloths and heating them in the microwave, and they did help, except now I made a lot of trips to the kitchen to do that, and was on my feet too much.

I kept trying to figure out how to ease this knee. Was so tired of hurting. A relative was going to shop for things for me, and suddenly I knew what would help. a heating pad, a plain old heating pad. She/they would do my shopping, but because of work schedules, wouldn't come back for a day or two. So, not wanting to be a bother, I resigned myself to more microwave heated pads, and the pain pills.

As I buried myself in really dumb TV shows, to ignore the knee, the phone rang again. The ones who were to shop for me, said they were at a nearby store. They decided since I needed the pad to help with the pain, shouldn't have to wait a day or two for it.

All of this right at Valentines. Pretty flowers, and cards, un-needed candies, unexpected visits, All these symbols of loving and caring. but I just have to tell you how loved I feel, when I wrap this warm electric pad around this aching knee.

  posted at 1:52 AM  
  10 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: