Sunday, February 24, 2008
Oh the seasons, how they turn.
I'm not real sure how I got back here. Today a very caring son spent hours putting a new computer together for me, so when he finished I had to email far away daughters, let them know I'm not still lost out in cyberspace.

Feeling pretty smart that I figured out how to do even this much at this brand new keyboard, and checking a few other things to see if I could do more, I became downright nostalgic to return to Flight Song, so I can connect with all of you again.

It doesn't seem a long, long time since I turned the computer off for what I thought wouldn't be long. Christmas would arrive again, and herald another year. After all the calendar pages I've turned over and over, you'd think I'd be wise enough to not imagine predicting anything. But I did, and more important than that, God had other plans.

Sometimes we may get so busy we don't realize that tremendous events, even a miracle or two land on our shoulders because that's where the Lord wants them to be. He has work for us to do. If I hadn't chosen this house out of many, my son very well would not have survived his ruptured appendix. Leading me to this particular place, very close to where he lives, was where I needed to be. Much that is critical sometimes seems to hang by a very thin string. Today this son not only is doing well after his heavy duty surgery. As he does more and more work on this seemingly incidental place, while his postoperative days fade behind him, a new appreciation for his own life, and pride and confidence rises.

Anyone whose a mom doesn't need this explained. When he had surgery the year before, the night before it he quit smoking, gave his last pack away, and hasn't started again. Something about scary surgery seems to bring out resolutions in him. This time around he stopped drinking. If I had any doubts, they are seriously history. God gave my son back to me.

Later I want to share other things about this long drawn time. But tonight my heart is peaceful as Easter and springtime near. I can't wait to see what previous owners planted in the yard, and there's a rustic old deck out by the house, almost as eager as I am for its first big barbecue. I won't even pretend knowing what the seasons may bring, but I am pretty sure whose in charge of them.

  posted at 12:18 AM  
  12 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: