Sunday, March 01, 2009
One Step Forward, And Two Steps Back
Sunday morning, it started so nice. Right up there with making coffee, and hurrying to the bathroom, I carefully pulled the curtain back, and stared at the trap door of the cage, that clearly was sprung. Because it was covered with a big black bag, to hide it I suppose, I couldn't tell what we had caught. But I got happy anyway, because it surely was something, and hopefully another skunk.

I felt better anyway, because I had got a good night's sleep, or most of it, after the critters got quiet. It was nice to be able to drive myself to church. I looked forward to seeing people I hadn't in weeks. I gathered good stuff I was taking to the monthly pot luck and was on my way. My son was probably sleeping in, so I would tell him about something being trapped later.

Singing and music is a big part of our worship service. When it comes to keeping the beat and siging out loud, we are all about that, and today it was great. People were glad to see me, and helpful as they could be with my getting around.

Our sermon was about how important it is that we pray for all kinds of situations and needs. Pastor emphasized we should not negate our prayers, no matter how small nor insignificant we might think they are. He used examples of faithful men's simple prayers that resulted in changes that have benefitted mankind through the ages.

Many young families are at our church. Children abound around there. I am one of the few older people. We make a good mix. Even the music is used accordingly, with lots of the younger kind, and old songs mixed in. It's a pretty good down home church. This is especially seen at our pot luck meals. After it my pace was fairly set for the rest of the day. I came home and didn't do much of anything, except get my son to check what's in the trap, and that's when I was so glad I went to church today. Was with others. For a while didn't think about stinky critters, or their erie sounds or how disappointed I was that the neighbor's cat was the only thing caught in the trap.

I suppose at this point I should remember last night's prayer that God grant me peaceful sleep, even if critters are around, and that all our prayers are important to Him, and we will see what tomorrow brings.

  posted at 7:07 PM  
  6 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: