Friday, December 15, 2006
It's Christmas Again.
I've been much too busy. Hadn't noticed until today, we're in the twelve days before Christmas, less than that, I think. Ten? Nine? Either way, no matter what's going on, Christmas will come.

I can feel it, sense it, eveywhere I go, especially since I'm not caught up in it, like usual. What I am caught up in is moving back to Denver. So instead of partying or wrapping lots of gifts, I'm packing, getting ready to go over the mountains again.

Still, it will be Christmas, so we should celebrate. Daughter, Barb, at A Chelsea Morning does it so well. She's good at that, much better than I am, so I will bring the shrimp. Those little ocean creatures that lend an elegance to any important meal, and this one is. Barb and I haven't been together at Christmas in a long, long time, and don't know when we can again.

My feelings are all tangled. Even though I'm eager to go back, as the time to leave nears, I wish we could spend more together, but understand it would never be enough. That's how moms and daughters are.

So I'm thankful, very thankful for emailing, and our being in what some call the blogging dynasty, so we can keep in touch, and know what's going on with each other almost any day.

It won't be the same as lunching together at Wrigley Field, or enjoying a shopping trip, but I'll come back when I can, and in the meantime, it will soon be Christmas again.

  posted at 9:03 PM  
  2 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: