Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Little Old List Maker, Me.
It's that time of year again, one many avoid or outright ignore, but I look forward to. Resolutions for a new year.

Many, if they speak of them at all, say they never make them, and quickly add or explain, there's no point even trying, because they never keep one. Me, I have to know if I can.

Over the years I've worn out the usual ones, weight loss, getting rid of junk, and my all time favorite, getting organized. I think I'll never get real good at that, but at least I try.

Not that it's solely about numbers. Numerics and being analytical, it's for certain that's not me. But last year I made five resolutions. Did real well with three of them, and not so good with the other two.

This year the ones I'm resolving to do are more about growing me. So here they are. There's something about writing things down that makes them seem more important, and even if I only keep a few, perhaps will become more like someone you'd like to be around, and in the process I may like me more, too.

#1. Think and speak more positively. Avoid negative as if it were the plague.

#2. Become a better listener. Get good at really hearing what others say.

#3. Judge others at least as kindly as I do myself.

#4. See the world through others' eyes. Try to understand why they feel the way they
do.

#5. (And I just have to try this one again) Lighten up, and be less serious, except
about number 1 through 4. Hope you all have a wondrous Christmas, and many
blessings await you.

  posted at 11:12 AM  
  2 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: