Monday, February 05, 2007
Song To The Ancient Of Days
To blog with all you Christian women feels like long ago when I would get a brand new Big Chief tablet. Uniformed as soldiers, its rows and rows of lines waited for my thoughts.

Transposing them into this cyberspace equipment setting on my desk seems more difficult. I know it's gone forever, but you've no idea how much I long for simpler times. But because they're history, and I'm not ready for me to be the same, I must learn how cyber space writing's done. So here I am doing another practice run.

I Thought of several topics, but when I looked closer at them, they didn't fit, or seem right for this time. But when a writing itch attacks, I've learned to pay attention. Even if I have writer's block I can begin if nowhere else, at the beginning.

If someone needs something to write about, doesn't it make good sense to look for it in the best book ever printed, instead of the trash can secular garbage is in.

There's plenty of it available, It's all over. Not that TV's, computers, or magazines or movies are evil things, but some times they're used for less than decent intentions. Our job is to recognize when our standards are being compromised, and not allow it.

The title you see here was taken from Daniel, Chapter seven, verse number nine. There's much more to this story, but part of it is: "I kept looking until thrones were set up, and the Ancient of Days took His seat". Understand that Daniel was big on prophecy. My Bible, The International Inductive Study Bible, or TIISB, New American Standard Bible says: "All the other prophecies in the Old and New Testaments add flesh to Daniel's bones".

In a Sunday School lesson of long ago, Daniel's bones and skin seemed in much peril when he was thrown in with lions. The king mocked him like Satan tried to mock Jesus, in the CWO's quote last week. God intervened by sending angels who closed the lions' mouths, and the next day, when Daniel was released, "No injury was found in him."

The more I read about him the more fascinated I am. I don't pretend knowing all the details about this man, but I did notice that before it reached crisis stage, Daniel had already taken a stand for God by refusing the wine and food he was expected to eat. Not that some situations aren't sometimes difficult to deal with, but thank God there's still some Daniels standing up for what's honorable and right.

I don't recommend deliberately upsetting or irritating people, but there are times, like with Daniel and the wine and food, we need to know on which side of the chasm we stand. People sometimes try to put God and faith in neat little boxes. An hour or so each week, and we think that's enough practice. That might get us through a small skirmish, but what if a big challenge erupts?

Some think martyrdom ended when the apostles were killed, or maybe in the time of Joan of Arc. Not many years ago when a massacre was carried out in a Colorado high school, a young girl, known around the campus for loving Jesus, seconds before they killed her, had to say out loud whether she was a Christian. While her earthly death was so tragic, like they did with Daniel, and Jesus, I'm sure God's angels comforted her, and the family she had to leave.


With the emphasis today on young people being "in", and peer pressure pushing them to say everybody's doing whatever, parents may have something bigger than a battle, trying to create balance in their children's lives. Teaching them standards they'll need all their lives, but not discouraging them. Tread carefully. You never know when you may have a Daniel on your hands.

  posted at 2:58 PM  
  7 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: