Thursday, March 05, 2009
My Son, The Hero, and "Skunk Stinging"
A while back, my pastor, who's retired Airforce, to make a point in one of his sermons, pointed out that the first thing the military does to prepare for battle, is take out the enemy's supply lines. That may be what my son had in mind when he found a different way to deal with our skunk problem. A gaping hole at the bottom of the siding on the house marked the coming and going of those cowardly chacters, the ones with the long white lines down their backs.

After trying for some time to catch them, and netting only one, my son decided to improve the odds. He built a wooden tunnel that can be articulated, that connected to the house on one end, and led directly into the well baited "Mr. Bug Man's" animal trap.

After days of wondering if sleep would ever be allowed again, this morning I tumbled out of bed, and immediately checked the trap, and there's a black critter with those tell tale white markings on its back, in there, just waiting for The Bug Man to come and collect. To make sure no more of them are trying to homestead here, we'll be setting more traps, and seeing what we get, as they go through the part my son built, and right into the waiting trap.

Even when this son was a little kid, I recognized his astute ability to create and build things, but I never thought it would be something to bring about a Skunk Sting. Before my hero son dismantles all this, perhaps he should check on insuring his rights to it. I can see huge numbers of animal control companies calling, ordering his Red Carpet "Skunk Sting" easily articulated tunnels.

  posted at 10:25 PM  
  4 comments





About Me
Name: Judith

Location: Colorado

My profile

My Family
A Chelsea Morning-Barb
Relishing My Little Pickle-Leslie
Owl Creek Cottage-Sarah
Sweet Tea and Sass-Bev
In A Moment...-Mandy
Missing Marbles-Krissy
The Gibson Family - Dan & Janae

Favorite Places
A Broad In Athens
Big Mama
Call Me Grandma Dawn
Decipher the Fog
Diane's Page
He Thinks I'm Funny
I'm Thankful for the Thorns
Jungle Hut
Mary's Writing Nook
Overwhelmed With Joy
Over the Backyard Fence
Random Thoughts
Rocking Chair Reflections
Thailand Adventures

Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random



Previous Posts

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: